- Policy Starter: Policy Starter includes a sample policy manual provided and maintained by ISFIS, in consultation with school attorneys, legislative and executive branch decision makers, and school leaders. The sample policies are available online, are simple to use, and completely searchable. The sample policy manual is broken down into manageable sections.
- Policy Booster: From federal, state or administrative law to a continuous outpouring of state and federal court decisions, schools need to make sure the board is protecting the district, employees, and most importantly, the children served. Policy Booster provides an email blast of recommended or mandated changes in policies with a description of the laws and rulings driving the changes.
- Online Policy Manual Hosting Service - ISFIS will host your district's policy manual online. This is a public web site so your school policies are accessible anywhere, anytime, by your board, employees or community members. The board secretary can edit the manual online, with an audit trail of all changes, so all stakeholders will always have access to the most current policies. Begin with the ISFIS Policy Manual or upload your current custom policy manual. ISFIS will provide the web site template and handle all aspects of site hosting. A simple training video will instruct your staff on the upload process and most sites are up and running in two days or less, depending on your current format. ISFIS will upload your manual on behalf of your district for an additional fee. There are no monthly service fees to host your district specific policy website. The service is included as part of our Supplemental Policy Services Subscription, which also includes Bargaining Exhibit Services, Policy Starter, Policy Booster, and Policy ER/HR Advice Line. The Online Policy Manual Hosting service is also available as a stand-alone service for a reduced fee. Contact Marissa Gaal for more information.
- Policy Examination Consulting Services: If your policy manual needs an overhaul, on a time and charge basis, ISFIS will help your district locate an attorney who specializes in reviewing and updating your entire policy manual. The review includes updates, specific recommendations on required changes, and best practices and flexibility available to your district. Call us for more information, especially if you have an accreditation review coming up in the future.
- Policy/HR/ER Phone Support: Subscribers to this slate of services will also receive access to contact information you can use if you have any questions regarding your district's policies, human resources issues, and employee relations.This is an extremely efficient and inexpensive way to get quick answers to many of the routine questions about such things as open meetings, public records, and best practices. If a formal opinion is required, you may request a referral or consult with your attorney.
- Bargaining Exhibit Services: ISFIS has created a series of exhibits for use in negotiations and arbitration, which was recently cited in a successful arbitration case. These exhibits are district specific and easily customized. Find a variety of comparability groups, literally with one or two clicks of the mouse, including charts and specific narrative, to best tell your district’s unique circumstances. This tool will drastically reduce the time and money you spend collecting comparability information and developing charts, while minimizing consulting and legal fees. This information is available to you before you even begin bargaining to help you develop sound negotiations strategy and stay ahead of the game, avoiding the last minute data gathering scramble. This service was developed with input from school district users, attorneys, and bargaining and negotiations experts.
Contact Margaret Buckton for information about becoming a subscriber.