ISFIS Fall meetings: in partnership with your local area education agency
Superboard Meetings on School Finance/Advocacy
ISFIS has partnered up with your local AEA to bring you Fall Superboard Meetings. Without state cost per pupil set, managing several years of low budget growth, whether facing growing or declining enrollment, school board/superintendent/business manager teams need to understand financial drivers of the formula, analyze up-to-date district financial information and learn best practices to advocate both before and after the election and during the 2015 Legislative Session.
Attendees can expect district specific financials to review in the context of school finance basics and advocacy needed for sufficient state supplemental assistance decision in the first 30 days of the session.
Dates and Locations
- November 5 - Northwest AEA - Virtual Meeting, 6:30-7:30PM
- November 12 - Great Praire AEA - Virtual Meeting, 6:00PM-7:00PM
- November 13 - Heartland AEA - Virtual Meeting, 5:30PM-6:30PM
Register online here. Registration form includes details concerning any meals and costs specific to each location.
- Introductions – name, district, role, in one sentence or less, what would you like the legislature to do for public education in the 2015 session?
- School Finance Basics: Understanding key elements of the formula
- District specific financials: FACT Tools snapshot, dashboard, and matrix
- Economic Condition of the State of Iowa and Condition of Iowa Schools
- Advocacy Action Plan
- Write a letter
- Promise statement