Each February & March, ISFIS partners with Piper Jaffray and Iowa's Area Education Agencies to provide face-to-face budget workshops for business managers and superintendents. These hands-on workshops provide the opportunity for leaders from each district to prepare their individual budgets in just one highly productive day. Each budget workshop will be held at an Iowa AEA from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and this year we will be reserving an additional hour at the end of each session for districts who would like to stay and complete their 5-Year Financial Projection. Due to changes in location and format, all workshop attendees will be required to bring their own computer this year. More information regarding documents and forms to bring along will be sent out shortly.
2018 Dates, Locations and Times:
Jan. 29: Heartland AEA - 15 SLOTS LEFT Feb. 1: Coralville - 14 SLOTS LEFT Feb. 2: Cedar Rapids - 7 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 6: Fort Dodge - 4 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 7: Bettendorf - 20 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 8: Burlington - 14 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 9: Marshalltown - 22 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 12: Council Bluffs - 7 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 13: Creston - 11 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 14: Cedar Falls - 11 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 15: Albia - 16 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 19: Heartland AEA 2 - 21 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 20: Clear Lake - 17 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 23: Elkader - 20 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb 26: Sioux Center - 22 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 27: Le Mars - 9 SLOTS LEFT
- Feb. 28: Le Mars - 21 SLOTS LEFT
- Mar. 1: Spencer - 13 SLOTS LEFT
- Department of Management 2017-2018 final Aid & Levy printout from Lisa Oakley dated approximately June 2016.
- Copy of the 2017-2018 Certification of Taxes from the Department of Management (mailed with Department of Managements final Aid & Levy printout).
- Dropout Prevention modified supplemental amount for FY2019, Special Education deficit letter or other School Budget Review Committee approvals during the 2017-2018 budget year.
- Previous years budget forms from 2017-2018 school year which were completed and certified in April, 2017
- Any Debt Schedules (Bonds & Interest) and Loan Agreement Schedules - include PPEL loans.
- 2016-17 CAR Budget Crosswalk Report and Balance Sheet. You will need this report to complete the Worksheet 1 and 2. Please have a draft of the Worksheet 1 and 2 as complete as possible. Don't worry about State Aid and Property Tax numbers, those will populate automatically.
- Please bring your district ID and password in case you need to access the CAR.