Each February & March, ISFIS partners with Piper Jaffray and Iowa's Area Education Agencies to provide face-to-face budget workshops for business managers and superintendents. These hands-on workshops provide the opportunity for leaders from each district to prepare their individual budgets in just one highly productive day. Each budget workshop will be held at an Iowa AEA from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and this year we will be reserving an additional hour at the end of each session for districts who would like to stay and complete their 5-Year Financial Projection. Due to changes in location and format, all workshop attendees will be required to bring their own computer this year. More information regarding documents and forms to bring along will be sent out shortly.
Dates, Locations and Times:
Jan. 23, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Heartland AEA Jan. 24, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Sioux Center - 3 SLOTS LEFT! Jan. 26, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Spencer - 3 SLOTS LEFT! Jan. 30, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Fort Dodge - 1 SLOT LEFT! Jan. 31, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Council Bluffs - FULL! Feb. 1, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Marshalltown Feb. 2, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Cedar Falls Feb. 3, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Creston - FULL! Feb. 7, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Clear Lake Feb. 8, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Burlington - 4 SLOTS LEFT! Feb. 9, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Elkader - FULL! Feb. 10, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Bettendorf Feb. 13, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Coralville - NEW SPOTS ARE OPEN! Feb. 14, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Albia - 5 SLOTS LEFT! Feb. 15, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Heartland AEA Session 2 Feb. 17, 2017 - 10 AM to 1 PM: Online Budget Workshop Feb. 20, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Cedar Rapids - FULL! Feb. 27, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Le Mars - 1 SLOT LEFT!
- Rescheduled: Mar. 1, 2017 - 9 AM to 1 PM: Sioux Center - 3 SLOTS LEFT!
- Department of Management 2016-2017 final Aid & Levy printout from Lisa Oakley dated approximately June 2016.
- Copy of the 2016-2017 Certification of Taxes from the Department of Management (mailed with Department of Managements final Aid & Levy printout).
- Dropout Prevention modified supplemental amount for FY2018, Special Education deficit letter or other School Budget Review Committee approvals during the 2016-2017 budget year.
- Previous years budget forms from 2016-2017 school year which were completed and certified in April, 2016
- Any Debt Schedules (Bonds & Interest) and Loan Agreement Schedules - include PPEL loans.
- 2015-16 CAR Budget Crosswalk Report and Balance Sheet. You will need this report to complete the Worksheet 1 and 2. Please have a draft of the Worksheet 1 and 2 as complete as possible. Don't worry about State Aid and Property Tax numbers, those will populate automatically.
- Please bring your district ID and password in case you need to access the CAR.